What we are about – and what we’re not:
The Websites spotlight products available for home updates and feature inspiration images and stories from and about homes in the postwar era. We don’t endorse any particular manufacturer or business per se and may not have personal experience with the products discussed. The driving force behind the Websites is a writer and homeowner turned avid researcher, not an interior designer or contractor.
You should do your own research before making any decisions about whether to buy the products or work with a particular business.
The Websites feature occasional “guest columns” by, interviews with, or suggestions from readers or others. The Websites do not necessarily endorse their positions or advice.
In addition, our Websites focus on aesthetics and social history, and although they may occasionally feature a story about a restoration issue, the Websites do not have a fix-it or DIY focus.
Renovating, remodeling and living in our midcentury and vintage homes can be gratifying, but please always remember, there can be safety and environmental hazards in the surfaces, layers, materials and products in our homes. Anything old, even New Old Stock, that you buy also may have issues. We all care very much about managing safety and environmental issues properly, so when moving into a home … when undertaking cleaning, repair, remodeling or restoration projects … or when adding old materials (salvaged, used, new old stock, etc.)… be sure to get with your own properly licensed professionals to determine what you are dealing with/working with so that you can make informed decisions how to handle, become familiar with and use recommended best practices, and also learn about the proper disposal of debris, etc. For more info, see our Be Safe / Renovate Safe page … and the EPA hosts a website on lead in the home and a website on asbestos in the home … etc.
While we endeavor to monitor content daily, we cannot be responsible for offensive comments or forum postings on a 24/7 basis. In addition, we cannot and do not endorse any comment or verify or be responsible for its validity. If you are participating in the buy/sell Forum, I am not liable for sales transactions agreed to between individuals.
Enjoy our Websites, but do not lose track of your common sense.
Permitted Uses and the Basic Rules of the Road:
• Participation in the Websites is limited to those users who are at least 14 years old.
• You may access and view the content on the Websites on your computer or other device for your personal, non-commercial use.
• You may comment on posts in the blog. This does not require registration. Currently all comments are moderated.
• Key to successful participation as a Commenter is: Civility. Please respect others and their choices.
• I discourage product reviews and am likely to delete them, because I may not know how to assess who’s posting the review, that is, whether they are associated with the company or a competitor of the company, etc.
• No buying or selling on the blog, or it becomes chaos. Please note, we do not do valuations.
• All other commercial distribution or exploitation of the Websites, their content or components, is prohibited without our express written permission.
• Unauthorized posting or downloading or other unauthorized use of material on the Websites may violate copyright and other laws.
• Please do not post, submit, or otherwise publish anything that is illegal, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent, or is not in keeping with the spirit of the Websites and our community.
• Please do not interfere with the operations of the Websites or others’ use and enjoyment of them.
• Please do not use the websites to encourage conduct that would be a crime or otherwise violate the law or trigger civil liability.
• Please do not do anything that would infringe on the rights of third parties including, intellectual property rights and rights of privacy or publicity.
We reserve the right, without notice or liability, to:
• disclose any information that we possess control as may be necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or legal request;
• As between you and us, we own, solely and exclusively, all right, title, and interest in and to the Websites, including their content, components, and look and feel. Your use of the Websites does not grant to you ownership of any their content or components.
• All the trademarks, service marks, trade names, and logos (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Websites belong to us or are the property of their respective owners, and may not be used without the written permission of the respective owner.
• If you publish a blog or website and want to use any photos or text from this site please contact Pam Kueber for permission at retrorenovation [at] gmail [dot] com. All commercial reuse also prohibited without permission.
• Any syndication of content except for personal use such as in a reader is strictly prohibited.
Materials you submit:
• Please do not post or send us any confidential, secret, or proprietary information. We cannot guarantee that we will treat your secrets in the manner you might expect or desire.
• By posting or sending materials to us, including e-mail communications, you:
o grant us the rights, without payment of any royalty, to copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display and otherwise use the materials as we see fit and for use on the Websites, other social media platforms, online videos or articles, and in connection with any public speaking (but not for use or inclusion in any merchandise or print publications without your written permission); and
o acknowledge that we cannot be responsible for preserving any materials that you provide and may delete or destroy any material at our convenience.
Third Party Websites:
The Websites have links to third party websites and third party websites may link to the Websites. We have no responsibility for the information, content, products, services, advertising, components or other materials on those third party sites.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact our Copyright Agent under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(2),
Pam Kueber, Copyright Agent
Kueber Communications, LLC
P.O. Box 1738
Lenox, MA 01240
e-mail: retrorenovation [at] gmail [dot] com
So that we can respond to your concerns, please send along the following in your notice to us:
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works.
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
• Your contact information, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address.
• A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES:
If you have any questions, email us at retrorenovation at gmail dot com.